Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bold move

We are in the process of renovating our kitchen. No new cabinets (too expensive), but we stripped some really ugly wallpaper off the walls. Of course, when the wallpaper came off it took half the old paint with it. So instead of just being able to paint, we had to patch and sand the walls first. That took most of last weekend. Did I mention we have been working on this project off and on all since June?

Anyway, today it was finally time to buy paint. I must have looked at over a 100 paint swatches and idea books the past week. Apparently, it is now the style to choose coordinating paint colors for adjoining walls. Like it isn't hard enough to pick one color, now you have to pick two or three that all go together, and they have to still look like they go with your kitchen countertop, cabinets, and the trim. In my old house, every wall was painted off white, so painting walls colors is a big step for me. While I can help anyone decorate their homes, I am terrible in choosing things for my own.

Scott, being a typical male, was no help. His selections were all either way too dark or just plain ugly. So, I took the plunge, grabbed three paint swatches that looked good in one of the idea books, and marched to the counter where they mixed up my colors.

I guess we will just have to wait and see how it goes. If we ever actually get the paint up on the walls, I'll post the pictures!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I've lived in apartments for way too long. I absolutely can't wait to have my own place so I can paint the walls another color than off white. When I lived with Dave, I was completely over enthusiastic about painting his house. He did not like that one bit. Ha!